Reviewed April 27, 2013
Trip Advisor Reviews
The Blue apartment
Pleasant area and nice airy apartment We had a week stay in the "Blue" apartment which is unit #6. Note that the address is 3/6 Hananya St which means unit 6 at street number 3 (the opposite of Australian addresses!) which caused a little confusion as we arrived.
- very clean
- great location near restaurants and supermarket
- large and airy
- well equipped kitchen plus washing machine
- Kosher kitchen; we naively thought this just meant no pork and different utensils for meat and dairy. It actually means no meat at all... We did fine with eggs and fish, but if you want to self-cater meat then this won't work for you
- Broken blind and phone line didn't work
- Small TV (but many channels)
Overall, we would give 4.5 stars and would definitely stay again.
One funny thing was electricity - you pay separately; we were worried about this, but in the end the bill was NIS22; we used the washer twice and cooked many times. Perhaps the owners could just add a couple of dollars to the room rate rather than charging a separate cost?
Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
ColonySuites, Owner at The Colony Suites, responded to this review
May 6, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our apartment. I am glad you liked the location and found your stay pleasant. We checked the phone line and the cord was loose. New guests will now enjoy the channels on the larger screen that we installed and the missing piece for the blind has finally arrived! We charge electricity as an extra to bring our guests' awareness to their consumption, in the past we had people stay with us for a month, and leave the Air Con on for an entire week while they left to another city. The bill was astronomical for us.
You were very considerate guests and we would be happy to host you again soon.